Caller: Not the Australian Taxation Office
A recorded message was played. The message claimed to be from the Australian Taxation Office and stated I had an outstanding tax liability. The voice had a slight British accent. See
The ATO will never:
- issue a pre-recorded message (robocall) to a taxpayer's phone
- present a phone number on caller ID
- threaten immediate arrest, jail or deportation for unpaid tax debts
- demand immediate payment of a tax debt by direct credit to a personal bank account, via iTunes or Google Play cards, pre-paid Visa cards, or cryptocurrency
- refuse to allow the taxpayer to speak with a trusted advisor or regular tax agent
- attempt to keep the taxpayer on the line until they make a payment
1 complaints this year
1 total complaints
I Called Back on 0477 882 797
I called back the number 0477 882 797 and reached vm that did not mention the company name
I Called Back on 0409 757 586
I called back number 0409 757 586 reached voice mail but did not hear the name of the company...
DB on 0480 295 777
Call 8 of 10 in 3 hours today, Did not answer but strongly suspect phishing or scam.
Hudson Australia on (02) 8233 2135
I called back the number (02) 8233 2135 and reached vm that said I reached Hudson Australia
Anonymous on (03) 5241 2807
I got a call on this number with an automated recording telling me it was the NBN and my phone...