Caller: Not the Australian Taxation Office
A recorded message was played. The message claimed to be from the Australian Taxation Office and stated I had an outstanding tax liability. The voice had a slight British accent. See
The ATO will never:
- issue a pre-recorded message (robocall) to a taxpayer's phone
- present a phone number on caller ID
- threaten immediate arrest, jail or deportation for unpaid tax debts
- demand immediate payment of a tax debt by direct credit to a personal bank account, via iTunes or Google Play cards, pre-paid Visa cards, or cryptocurrency
- refuse to allow the taxpayer to speak with a trusted advisor or regular tax agent
- attempt to keep the taxpayer on the line until they make a payment
1 complaints this year
1 total complaints
Anonymous on 0435 196 303
Male voice asking about my car accident.
I replied that I had not been in a car accident.
Anonymous on 0428 398 971
i keep getting these calls they sometimes leave a message, always the same language, so i emailed...
Electricians on 0488 776 632
I called back number 0488 776 632 reached voice mail for Electricians.
Anonymous on (03) 1855 0239
Got a recorded message about cutting off my NBN and needing to press 1 to speak to a technician....
Anonymous on 0432 299 848
0432 299 848 - australian scammer, said he would kill my kids if he ever found me, real wanker